1st-replacement-windows.com1st Replacement Windows .comHomeAboutRequest a Quote1st Replacement Windows .comWindows Shopping?Information Resource CenterWindow Shopping?Contractors Join Our Network

Check Out Our Guides!
What You Should Know

bulletVinyl Windows






bulletWood Clad



  bulletBay or Bow
  bulletAwning Windows
  bulletDouble Hung
  bulletEgress Basement

bulletGrades of Glass

  bulletThe Big Picture

bulletDefining Style

"Energy Efficient"
  bulletGlossary of
Window Terms
Rate and Compare

Window Ratings



  directory | home | contact


Dead air space:
  the space between the panes of double or triple-glazed window panes.

Dessicant: moisture-absorbing material used between the panes of insulating glass.

Double glazing: a pane assembly consisting of two panes of glass with a sealed space in between. The air in this space has been dried to prevent condensation. Sometimes the space is filled with argon or krypton for reduced heat transfer.

Double-hung window: a window with two moveable sashes, the top one opens downward, the bottom one upward.

Drip cap is a piece of molding or other material located on top of the head brick molding to prevent water infiltration.








Copyright © 2002 - - 1st-replacement-windows.com,  All Rights Reserved

Request a Quote. . .

Insiders Guide to Replacement Windows
. . .and receive a
free copy
of "Insiders Guide
to Replacement Windows"
Bottom Cap